Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pullip Tokidoki Lunarosa: Review




As a big fan of Tokidoki and the color pink, I was absolutely thrilled about Lunarosa! She was released roughly around the time I started getting into Pullip dolls, and before I had seen her I saw Pullip Tokidoki Luna, and while I really liked Luna's green hair (which is a very uncommon hair color among the Pullip family dolls), I didn't quite love her overall color scheme; I just thought there was too much going on what with the green and blue in her hair, bold pink lip color, and the bright fuschia and black skirt. Don't get me wrong, I still think Luna is pretty, but I just thought (and still do think) that Lunarosa's colors mesh much better together. So with that, I snapped her up as fast as I could, before she even had the chance to become sold out like Luna did!



Lunarosa Comes With:

- A Ciaociao beanie
- Donutella plushie
- A Tokidoki print bag
- A SANDy T-shirt
- Black and white Tokidoki skull and crossbones skirt
- Light purple shorts
- Tokidoki print shirt (matches the bag she comes with)
- Fushia and black striped socks
- Studded white ankle boots
- White studded choker and wrist cuffs
- Sticker tattoos
- Tokidoki Lunarosa's Trading Card
- Doll Stand


Pros:

- Her stock is nicely made! The material is light, but durable enough to not tear easily.
- Painted teeth give her a nice and happy expression!
- Her faceup is lighter and softer looking than Luna's. (This is a plus in my personal opinion.)
- Her hair is a pretty combination of white and hot pink and is fairly thick
- No wig netting showing through. (May vary from doll to doll.)
- No frizzy hair! It also doesn't seem very likely that her hair will get messed up, and seems to be very manageable.
- She comes with a lot!
- Her shorts and extra shirt allow you to mix and match to create different looks!
- The sticker tattoos are fun and can be placed anywhere you'd like!
- Her bag is very well made and can be worn slung across her chest and shoulder, or you can remove the long strap and have her hold it like a regular handbag. (The strap is held by lobster claw clasp that makes it easy to put on or take off).
- She doesn't seem to have much of an issue with her clothing staining her body like Luna's stock reportedly does. (I haven't had any staining problems on my Lunarosa so far, but it's possible that her socks or skirt can stain, though.)


Cons:

- The studs on her choker and bracelets are prone to peeling off easily. They're almost like small stickers.
- The studs on her boots may fall off and the paint on them may easily scratch off. On my Lunarosa, there was a scratch in the paint on them before I even took her out of her box. (May vary from doll to doll.)
- Wig may be cut unevenly. (May vary from doll to doll.)


Neutral:

- The rubber band that holds her hair back in her packaging may cause a kink in her hair, but it is possible that it will smooth out over time.
- Her eyelids are just painted a flesh tone that matches her skin color. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would have been nice to have had them painted a fun color to match the eye shadow on her crease.
-She's a bit pricey, but she comes with quite a bit, so it evens out a little. (She's $144 USD on pullipstyle.com)



The Verdict:

Lunarosa is a doll with an edgy yet sweet appearance! She has a somewhat punk rocker look to her and would look great in various punk and possibly emo and pastel goth fashions. She may be a bit too pink for some, and her faceup, though not so bold like Luna's, doesn't make her very versatile when it comes to dressing her up in other styles deviating away from the punk/emo/pastel goth genre. If that doesn't bother you, I think she'd be a great doll to get. Also, if you love Tokidoki, she is a doll that I would highly recommend buying!



Pictures of Dahlia, My Lunarosa Doll:






* Refer to this post for more pictures of Dahlia!*




No comments:

Post a Comment